Emergency Pet Care During Opening Hours
At Bay-Porte Animal Hospital, we want to be there when you need us most. During our opening hours, we will work any pet with urgent needs into our schedule as soon as we can. If, however, we are not able to work your pet in, or you need emergency pet care after hours, we refer you to our 24/7 emergency referral hospital, VCA Animal Emergency Hospital Southeast.
For After-Hours Care
What Does an Emergency Look Like?
While sometimes it's obvious when your companion needs emergency pet care, other times, it’s more subtle. Here are some common pet emergency situations:
- Traumatic injury (such as being hit by a car)
- Lacerations or deep wounds
- Suspected fractures
- Excessive vomiting or diarrhea
- Blood in vomit, stool, or urine
- Bleeding from the eyes, ears, nose, or mouth
- Disorientation or confusion
- Ingestion of a toxic substance
If you notice any change in your pet’s behavior, please call us so we can assess the situation. We’ll determine if you need to seek emergency pet care and instruct you on what to do next.